What is Third Party Logistics E-commerce Fulfillment and why is it so beneficial?
For any company involving e-commerce, successful fulfillment services are a must have. Great 3PL partners make the fulfillment process easy. They can handle all order fulfillment services, provide inventory management, as well as a great shopping experience for customers.
The abbreviation 3PL stands for Third Party Logistics. This term 3PL means the outsourcing of logistics for a company from warehousing and storing products, to fulfillment, distribution, and delivery. Therefore, 3PL E-commerce Fulfillment refers to you allowing your fulfillment partner to handle all fulfillment needs pertaining to ecommerce orders.
There are quite a few benefits for this form of e-commerce fulfillment. Our top five reasons are:
- A 3PL partner who is great will be flexible and scalable, meaning they will have a generous amount of space for your company’s inventory and the ability to scale it as the company grows.
- Outsourcing e-commerce fulfillment orders frees up time, giving you the chance to focus on other tasks like marketing, advertising and building a brand.
- By taking advantage of the 3PL provider’s distribution network, you are able to get freight rates that are cheaper and even reduced shipping costs!
- Great 3PL partners allow for direct involvement in inventory and shortened shipping times. This can help you improve your company’s position quickly!
- 3PL’s also help with account management, updated infrastructure and technology, customer support, and so more! The advantages are endless!
Not every 3PL will be the perfect fit for your company and there are several factors to consider. What your company must have when choosing an order fulfillment partner has to be what’s best for the company. A great 3PL should be able to provide several resources for your company like storage, ecommerce fulfillment, customer service, branding, reliable logistics, and new technology. Settling for a fulfillment provider that is missing what your company needs can be a disservice to your customers in the end.
It’s important to do research on the company you choose, but Shipping Pilot is certainly a great place to start! We are here to help your company in its needs, take it from us! Check out what else we have to offer on our services page.